The event industry has had a huge rebound in 2022 after two years of suffering from a near complete standstill.
I am amazed by the enthusiasm of my clients and the guests at their events. We humans really are meant to enjoy each others’ company!
In this season of giving thanks, I have nothing but gratitude for all of my clients, their wonderful guests, and all those in the event industry who pushed through a difficult two years.
Let’s continue to keep everyone safe while we enjoy more fantastic events as we close out 2022 and look forward to 2023.
Aurice Guyton Events Can Now Help You with Hotel Reservations as Part of the International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN)
We are excited to be able to offer our clients even greater service when planning corporate and personal events. Aurice is now an accredited agent through the IATA International Airlines Travel Agent Network.
As a non-ticketing agent, Aurice can book groups, negotiate room rates, special concessions, book off-site activities and accommodations for hotels. This accreditation does not allow for airline booking.
Aurice Guyton Events will also be able to negotiate discounts we can pass on to our clients.
This travel industry credential recognizes agents who meet a set of standards valued by airlines, the travel agent community, and travel consumers.
If you’re planning a large event requiring hotel accommodations, allow Aurice Guyton Events to manage your group’s bookings.
We’re excited to continue to grow in ways that serve our clients.
We Are Honored to Have Been Part of Beyond Trend 2022
It was a thrill to help Creative Growth celebrate their 10th Anniversary Beyond Trend Fashion Extravaganza at the Oakland Museum of California.
The event helps provide year-long support for over 140 artists who call Creative Growth home.
CREATIVE GROWTH is a non-profit organization based in Oakland, California that advances the inclusion of artists with developmental disabilities in contemporary art and strengthens community by providing a supportive studio environment and gallery representation.
The Empowerment Awards & Garden Soiree 2022
Aurice Guyton Events was instrumental in the success of the Urban League of Greater San Francisco Bay Area’s Garden Soiree event held at the Oakland Museum of California.
“The Urban League empowers Bay Area African Americans and underserved communities, allowing them to achieve their highest true social parity, economic self-reliance, power, and civil rights.The League promotes economic empowerment through education, job training, housing, community development, workforce development, leadership programs, entrepreneurship, health, sustainability, and quality of life.”
Ribbon Cutting for the Montclair Village Plaza
The Montclair Village Association cut the ribbon for the Grand Opening Ceremony for The Montclair Village Plaza on Antioch Court and Aurice Guyton Events played a role in helping make it happen.
Montclair merchants served beverages and hors d’oeuvres created just for the special celebration.
Oakland youth and Bay Area professional musicians provided the entertainment for the event.
What I Learned from Hosting 3 Major Outdoor Events
As mentioned above, this year has brought a flood of events and over the summer we had the opportunity to work on several large celebrations held at outdoor venues.
Here are some of my best tips learned from these events:
- Many guests are still concerned about Covid so you need to accommodate guests that are not comfortable being in close proximity to other guests.
- Place tables further apart and reserve tables further out in semi-isolated areas for guests who prefer to be seated along the periphery of the event
- Make PPE supplies seen and known to guests and vendors
- Require the use of masks even outside except when eating or drinking
- A gust of wind can come out of nowhere. Have extra sandbags or heavy weights or cement blocks handy to hold things down
- Make sure everyone knows where the electrical outlets are by marking the electricity locations on the CAD/Floor plan
- Check the weather forecast a week before the event. If it’s going to be chilly, add outdoor heaters to your rental order. If the forecast will be hot, add market umbrellas to your rental order to shield guests from the sun
- If the forecast calls for rain, make sure you have a contingency plan like an indoor space or work with a tenting company to construct tents to keep your guests dry
- Make sure to order banners with wind slits to avoid the banner becoming a sail
- To avoid the glare and sun reflection from your banner ALWAYS order a fabric banner